Friday, November 9, 2012

Thoughts on the election and a Bella Blvd layout to share

Hi Everyone, I've gotten a little behind on sharing my Bella Blvd projects lately. Ooops! It's been crazy busy around here and things are just getting back to normal.

After Election Day things seem to be a little on the pessimistic side. Although I am disappointed in some of the results I refuse to jump on the pessimism bandwagon. I saw this quote on facebook and loved it.

"Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. YOUR SUCCESS AS A FAMILY, OUR SUCCESS AS A SOCIETY, DEPENDS NOT ON WHAT HAPPENS IN THE WHITE HOUSE BUT ON WHAT HAPPENS INSIDE YOUR HOUSE." (Barbara Bush)

I think it's so true! The best thing I can do for my country is inside my family; taking care of my kids and educating them so they will be productive, happy, and optimistic members of our country. So that is what I am choosing to focus on. I bought some new books for my little people last night after Parent Teacher Conferences and we're going to do lots of reading! I'm so glad all my kiddos are bookworms.

Anyway.....on to the layout I have to share. I was given this sketch to work with. Multi photo layouts are a bit out of my comfort zone but I loved the challenge and I love how the layout turned out.


For this layout I used the Thankful collection. You've already seen several projects using this collection and you'll see many more. I love this collection and I'll use every. last. scrap!


 Mmm...lots of yummy layers here...chipboard, paper, stickers, and some dimensional adhesive.

 
 
The title portion of this layout is my favorite. I love how the layers all came together and the button gave it the perfect finishing touch.




I added some hand stitching throughout the layout to add some texture and a handmade feel to the layout.

And here is the finished product....

 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. great take on the sketch and awesome quote! I have seen so many negative comments over the last few days - it is nice to see a positive one!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS