Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life.Paper.Scrapbook Color Challenge

I'm not going to lie. When I got this color challenge I was so nervous. I typically use TONS of color on my scrapbook projects. I'm not sure I've ever stuck with a neutral color pallet. BUT this is one challenge that I LOVED! I dug through my stash and found a lot of possibilities for this layout and I dove right in.
Here's the color palette we were given:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgIr1vAp46lCyQ2p2tlEu-fB8u1ClogmFxQo2M-HK84T_sUI9WpcUl-z5LMCTpvogBJpRxL9lNPDbAQzfOL7VhXYysvvBoeFHVytrDPf3p4rwJl85Hmg4Jo2ORSbLxPdYq_dH_VPJABBnJI/s1600/03.MarColour.jpg
I had so much fun with this and it was such a different approach for me that I will be doing more neutral projects in the future.



There is a funny story about this layout. I had originally planned for the design to be and "L" shape with white space in the upper right hand corner. I finished the layout and I had it sitting on my desk until I could write the supply list. When I came back to work on the list I found a huge blob of brown ink in the corner of the layout...someone (one of the 18 bazillion children that had been running through my house that day) had opened my ink pad and laid my project right on top of it. I almost cried! I loved this page so much and was so excited that I had completed what I was worried was an impossible task and now it was ruined. I was determined to save it somehow. So....this is what I did:
Under that doily is a huge brown ink blot...I wish now that I had taken a photo of it before I fixed it.
And here's the completed layout:
thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Life.Paper.Scrapbook and participate in the challenges. They have some fantastic prizes up for grabs.
Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. You would never have known the top embellishment was hiding a mishap! It looks like it was meant to be there! :) Fantastic LO..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad the cluster of embellies looks like it's supposed to be there :)

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS