Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy Moments

I'm so excited to share with you one of my all time favorite layouts. I've had this photo sitting in my photo basket for months now. It's one of my all time favorite photos and I wasn't sure how I was going to scrapbook it. I took this photo of my dad and two of my nieces at the hospital just a few minutes after my youngest niece was born. It was one of those moments that I never could have planned to capture, I just got lucky and it will forever be one of my favorite photos.
When I pulled this photo out the other day and decided to create with it I did decide to change it to black and white because I wanted it to be soft, sweet, and girly. The red and blue just didn't work with the feeling I wanted to convey.
I used a stamp/ink/resist technique. I stamped the doily stamps with Versamark ink. Then I embossed the images with clear embossing powder and a heat gun. After the embossing process was complete I painted over them with smooch paint and used a paper towel to rub it off the embossed portions and into the groves of the stamp.  I repeated this technique on 3 portions of the layout to create a visual triangle.
 I used lots of die cuts, wood veneer, spray ink, and stickers also.


 And here's the completed layout.
Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS