Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What Do You do when your mojo is gone?

When I'm drawing a blank on designing a scrapbook project. I often turn to the technique of repeating a shape. I usually use a basic shape such as a circle, a square, a rectangle or even a star. The other day when I sat down at my desk to create a layout using this adorable photo of my mom and my daughter I just couldn't get started.
Everything I tried looked awkward and I was getting frustrated. Before I completely quit I grabbed my circle cutter and started cutting circles out of the newest Imaginisce collection Little Princess.
After I cut out several circles I decided to see how many different ways I could get the shape of a circle onto my project, so I embossed a few of the circles with polka dot embossing folders. I also used a scalloped border punch to punch a border for the top and bottom of my project.
I even put my title into the middle of one of the circles and added a few buttons in between words.

I also sprinkled a few dots of ink to add even more circles.

Here's an example of how I did something similar but this time I used squares.


This is one way I overcome a case of scrapper's block.
Have you ever tried repeating a particular shape over and over to create a layout?
Have a happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts and a great tip for those creativity blocks, I'll certainly try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bi! I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS